Friday, October 26, 2007

Brilliant Girl Moves In, Gets Frustrated, Drinks a Beer and Goes to Bed

So I went to Home Depot and got the dryer vent last night. House didn't have a dryer vent, only a hole in the wall approximately the size and shape of a dryer vent. But I can't just vent the dryer exhaust into the walls (unless I want to catch the house on fire or attract mice) so I needed a vent with a hooded flap on the outside. So I got one, easy enough, only it didn't fit,and I cut my hand and broke it trying to make it fit.

So I moved on to the bathroom. I was going to move the curtain rod and then sand the wall and paint. Only when I moved the rod it pulled a chunk of wall out. A big chunk. So I had to patch that up and move on to something else.

I started putting boxes in their respective rooms.

Got the bedroom taped up for painting.

Took a shower with no curtain, cleaned up the water and went to bed.

Then the cats started fighting. Cary has decided to chase Gracie down until she lets him near her, and she's not having it.

Then the neighbors had people over and hung out in the backyard, but they weren't too loud until they went upstairs to have sex.

Okay, so that doesn't have much to do with the shape of the house, it just topped off a really frustrating night.

So I'm leaving it alone until next weekend. Not going to worry about the floors or unpacking or painting or organizing or cleaning or the yard or anything! And if I'm lucky I won't go completely mental between now and then.

No comments: