Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The ClothesHorse has a Reality Check

I have come to realize that cute old houses and great spacious closets do not often go together. I knew this before but chose to ignore it. And by ignoring it I have got myself into a pickle: I'm moving into an adorable older duplex this weekend with only two 2x4 closets.
Now, I only brought my summer clothes down with me from Austin because I knew I would have a place by the fall. My friend has a great big walk in closet in her guest bedroom, about 10 feet wide and two tiered. Just my summer clothes filled that closet. So what about my winter stuff? And all the clothes I need to buy to fill out the randomness of my wardrobe which I must admit has great single pieces that don't go with anything else I own.
I can hold off on the purchasing for a while (although I need need need some boots and something to wear with gray pants), but I can feel the necessity of a solution which may end up being aesthetically displeasing. I've started to think that I can turn one entire wall of the guest bedroom into an ugly clothing storage space, but something will have to eventually be done about that as the whole point of getting this place is to make it a really adorable place to come home to each night ( as long as I'm coming home alone, I might as well be able to enjoy it).
I need to find my camera so I can actually post some pictures of this place, then maybe benevolent blog readers would give me some tips on what to do with the space. I am admittedly not the best decorator but I've got some ideas I'm working with now and would like to be able to put up the photos. Oh well, I think I left it at Kate's house. Maybe if I had another purse to carry the camera in I wouldn't lose it....

No comments: