Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one

Craig hasn't been blogging much lately either, and I know its because he's too busy working on the short, and I'm too busy working period, so that gives me my excuse. Finally got the dishes done last night, but then I cooked dinner tonight and made another mess...oh well.
I'm looking forward to this weekend. I've contacted several of my friends to really light the fires under their bums to get their garage sale donations to me asap. I'm going to spend Sat and Sun doing pickups and running other errands. I'm also looking forward to spending some time with my bud Shannon on Saturday morning. Its been too long since I've been able to hang out with her and she's always such a solid and inspiring person to be around so I'm hoping she'll give me that little nudge of creativity I need to figure out how to keep producing this short.
Truth be told, I'm really an ancillary member of this production team. With my current work status, unfortunately most of the work is falling on Josh, Craig, and Kimberly's shoulders. It seems like every time I take 15 minutes from my day to make phone calls and check emails, it turns into 45min to an hour, and then I've used up my lunch break and I'm stuck chowing down my soup at my desk, spilling it all over my papers. I'm starting to leave a little earlier each night, which I feel bad about, but I actually think its somewhat expected and that people are a little suprised I'm there as late as I am. I am super bummed I'm not able to be more involved. This is something I want to make a career of and if I can't get any experience then I'll never go anywhere with it. I did spend some time on this festival website tonight scoping out potential festivals to submit to, but I don't really understand the process yet and shit, we're not even 1/4 of the way done with our press kit materials and the movie isn't made and I need to go to sleep.

1 comment:

Mischa said...

I don't have a really good excuse. I've got a bunch of notes waiting to become blog posts, but I don't like writing by slices: a bit here, a bit there, and six hours later, I have a finished post.

Seems like that happens too frequently, though.

Sometimes I head out of the house to a coffeeshop for the express purpose of writing; I find the change of venue refreshing.

Good luck, Megarino!