Monday, September 25, 2006

Cramming a week into a day

Its Monday today and I'm already wishing it was Friday. Thank goodness we brought a production coordinator, Kimberly, on to the project to do all the things I keep thinking "I need to do that" and just don't have time for. I came to the realization today that I'm probably not going to be around for the shooting of this short as I don't think I will be finished with my job by then. If I didn't need to sock some cash away for the upcoming dry months I wouldn't do it, and I'm really bummed I won't be there for the action, but...
At least things seem to be coming together more and more smoothly each day. We've raised some money and have secured our principal location. Kimberly found a casting space today that will let us use the place for free so casting will be next week. We're still trying to find a sound guy, and I have few more locations to find. Also, the amazing Caroline Karlen is coming on to do wardrobe and be our buyer and I couldn't be more thrilled because she is one of the few people I unconditionally trust to get the job done and on or underbudget to boot.
There just aren't enough hours in the day, and already I'm feeling the need to go to sleep.
But the dishes have been sitting dirty in the sink for over a week it seems and I fear they'll have to sit there a few days more. Oh well, someday there will be housekeepers. Keep hope alive.

No comments: