Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wack in the Brain

I just consumed an entire portion of Pad Thai with Tofu from Pei Wei. It is really my favorite thing there, but I always feel like an enormous lard ass after I do that. And that's where I'm wack, because according to this chart and many others like it, I am mid to low range on my weight for a person of my height. (I'm 5'11 and weigh 150 lbs).

I remember being thinner in high school, but I also remember passing out in the shower almost every day because my blood sugar was so low. This mental idiocy pisses me off. I've read some really interesting articles detailing society's dictation on body type and basically it boils down to being fat is currently associated with being poor (because cheap food is often high calorie, low nutrition and makes you gain weight).

Being thin is associated with being elite. I've never wanted to align myself with elitist. But at the same time I wish I could be borrowing my girl Shelley's size 4 jeans. Double wack, b/c no telling where they've been ;).

No comments: