Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year's Resolutions:2008

I've done pretty well with my resolutions from last year. My final 07 Update is as follows

Resolutions '07

1. Improve Finanaces
-Create a budget and stick to it - Budget created although it is a very vague, general budget with lots of room for "extra expenses". Basically I just have my core expenses and I keep them as low as possible, then everything else goes towards debt.
-Pay off credit card debt - Okay, I paid all of my credit cards off in August, but then immediately incurred a bunch of moving expenses, so I'm back to where I was. But if I did it once I can do it again.
-Open a Roth IRA & Start saving for retirement - I opened a traditional IRA and rolled over my previous job's 401k into it. I'm eligible for my new employer's 401k in about a year, so I'm focusing on paying down debt and then will try to catch up and max out the 2008 contribution amount for the 401k.
-Buy a Toyota Prius (maybe even a new one) - Ha! Bought it in June - a break up present for myself.
2. Remember Birthdays and Keep Up with Friends More Often - I did well with this one. But it did cause me to realize I really have a LOT of friends, so I've focused on my real friends and let the acquaintances mostly slip.
3. Improve Personal Appearance
-Become more physically fit (goal measurements 36-28-38) - hit goal in October
-Spend more time caring for hair, skin, nails & teeth - ummm, not so good here
-Update & Improve wardrobe - an ongoing process
4. Maintain a Clean and Organized Household
-Clean & Straighten house often - doing good with this most of the time. Still hate doing dishes
-Finish all renovation/remodeling/improvement projects - Moved, so have a whole new batch of projects.

And that's it!

So now on to my 2008 additions:
1. Goal Measurements 36-26-36.
2. Continue Improving Personal Appearance -
The goal is to spend more time looking like an attractive girl and less time hiding myself in baggy clothes with my hair pulled back and my glasses on.
3. Get Lasik Surgery - I already went in for a consultation and they told me I'm not a good candidate but I'm going in for a second opinion.
4. Stop Drinking....okay - Reduce Drinking - I drink too much. Period. I'm too old for this shit and it needs to stop.
5. Read at least 12 Books - an average of 1 per month.
6. Make New Friends - I have lots of good friends, but I don't have someone I would call my 'best friend'. Actually, Chris is my best friend but he lives in L.A., so I need a new BF, one that lives here.

So there's definitely fewer things I want to work on this year, but I feel like I've kinda got things under control for now, so I have fewer 'big' things I want to work on. I guess I should resolve to be careful not to become too content with my life as is and to always be striving for more. But being content for once in my life will be a nice change. And it hasn't happened yet, so I'll worry about it when it does.

No comments: