Sunday, April 29, 2007

The best website mashup ever?

I listened to a podcast today describing a website called netvibes.com as the best website ever. According to the reviewer, it made his life so much easier because because because. So I checked it out tonight. Definitely cool, but I'm not sure it would help me as much as someone like say my man because I don't really spend that much time online except for shopping, ebaying, and email.
The one thing it did lead me to realize is that its probably high time to stop using my yahoo email account and switch entirely to my gmail. Problem is that I've had the yahoo account since I was 19 and all these people have that address and not my gmail address, so its something I'll have to spend some time thinking about.
In the meantime, my new favorite thing is iTrain. I downloaded a workout from this website last week and tried it out on Saturday. Awesome! Just like working out with a trainer but way cheaper (around $4.99 for a 40 minute workout). I don't think it would work as well for people new to working out who may not be familiar with equipment and proper form, but since I've worked out with a trainer in the past and am pretty well versed on how not to injure myself doing exercises I think its really going to help me out with my current problem of not really having a plan or focus when I go to the gym. The workout led me through cardio and weights, counted all my reps for me, told me when to ramp it up and when to bring it down again, and basically kept changing up what I was doing so that I avoided boredom. Just what I've been looking for!

No comments: