Sunday, January 21, 2007

Both Sad and Happy

I am sad that I am having to give up working on movies for the reality of having a steady income. I've been out of work for three months now and there are not even any rumors of movies or shows starting anytime soon. The good news is I may have already found a job. I still have to pass a background check but I've been offered a bookkeeping position at an upscale apartment complex. I'm pretty nervous about trying to settle into a corporate style job: it doesn't really suit my preferences, but having an income does and the company seems so far to be a good company to work for. I have met two of my supervisors and they are very nice and I think I will easily 'fit in' with the other employees. No more jeans at work though, which makes me sad. I'm also interested in the job and its duties and it seems like there may be some opportunity for advancement. I guess if it doesn't work out I can always go back to movies but in the meantime I'm really going to give this my best effort. Now I need to give my best effort in cleaning my house up a little. Yuck!

No comments: