Friday, December 30, 2005

Bad Luck Revisited

Come on Good Luck Charm, work some magic.
The latest on my apparent string of supremely bad luck: My charming boyfriend and I took a trip to my family's vacaction home in Lake Whitney TX (not actually IN the lake, but NEAR the lake in a small residential area). We have been talking about taking this trip for months and have never had a good opportunity but Christmas vacations from both of our jobs presented the perfect moment so we took off on a day's notice. My parents warned me that my 23 year old brother had been the last person to visit the house and that it was in pretty bad shape after he and his friends had their way with it, but I was completely unprepared for what I found...lets just say a good portion of our romantic weekend was spent cleaning bugs, urine, and other science class worthy specimens from various corners of the house.
And yet...we managed to have a smashing good time. When we arrived back at my apartment, we were still having such a great time, being romantic and sweet and spontaneous. Moments later I lay bleeding on the floor after sustaining a head wound.

Its not really that bad. We were kissing and he pressed me against the door, a door we thought was closed. It actually was not latched and I fell straight backward, bashing my head against the corner of the coffee table. I fought going to the hospital but was finally convinced to go and had 4 staples put into my head (which we have to remove ourselves in approx 10 days). It doesn't hurt but its beginning to itch which may be because it is healing or because the doctor stapled hair into the gash. God Bless Modern Medicine.

No comments: