Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Bad Luck Comes a Knockin and Finds Me, Sadly, At Home, Unawares

Aack! I must need a major feng shui makeover or something, I can't quite figure it out. I try and concentrate on the positive things in life, try to direct my energy in positive channels, try to keep my bank account in the positive and my working relationships positive as well.

All have tragically gone to hell in a handbasket in the last week, and I'd just like to dwell on it a little while, thank you very much. And yes, I think it WILL make me feel better if I think about these things over which I have no control.

Most present in my mind is the fact that I lost my cell phone and am thus disconnected from the world for the next 5-7 business days. Then the phone company tried to tell me I didn't have insurance on my account...seems when I updated my account last month to include a new mailing address, they removed my insurance as well. They also don't carry the model of phone I had anymore, so I'm being sent a different kind of phone, for which I will have to purchase all new accessories. I finally talked them into applying the insurance to my replacement phone, but I still have to pay a $50 deductible. Watch me find the damn thing next week.

I've also overdrawn my checking account this month as I didn't go to the bank last night, opting instead to spend several hours tracing my steps trying to find my lost phone. The big thing sucking my fundage dry is a $200 deposit I was required to put down for electricity at my new apartment even though I have had an electric account with the city for almost 2 years (WTF). Its apparently refundable after 6 months.

I'll be lain off from my job in 3 weeks. Of course I've known this is coming for some time, just had hoped I'd have a new position lined up...obviously I don't yet.

These are just a few of the things that have been bumming me out. They're so unimportant and I hate that they have such an impact on my daily functioning.

Next I expect Bush to declare himself Emperor or Czar and make everyone convert to Orthodox Catholicism. Okay, maybe that's going a little far. It will probably just rain this weekend or something. Oh well,
Doom and Gloom Out.

No comments: